Saturday, December 12, 2009

Of velvets and butterflies

On the 5th of this month, the 4th makan-makan for my sis wedding was finally held. This 4th instalment of reception was held in kampung. Lots of preparation which involved a lot of logistic arrangement from my parents were done. I did what I could do to help. Tents were put up, catering was done, plenty and repetitive cleaning ups were done, tahaps (invitation cards designed mostly by my parents- since they already had this idea of how they wanted the tahap to be..and there were two versions of it..in English and in Kadazan) were printed and delivered and etc.

My embroideries on my sis' kadazan costume were done on the eve of the day. Pricked my fingers a few times when ngantuks came over. Overall effect...sweet.

That morning, most of us ladies on the girls' side wore the kadazan costume, though sis wore it the longest time. Some of us changed into other dresses or attires after a while.

Will continue with the story afterwards. makan time.

2 comments: