Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lambaian Kinabalu

Last night's performance was thrilling. I was dressed to the nines in the Lotud costume, courtesy of Erwan. Very beautifully stitched and embroidered. The make up was great..wah..stage make up is very interesting..

The first dance we did was the Lambaian kinabalu, a mix of traditional sabah ethic dance. I trully felt blessed to be able to dance with this group of dancers. I was nervous..almost felt like running to the loo.. but come performance time, Oh..to see the smiles and confidence coming from some of the more experienced dancers made me feel a sort of pride in this art and I too smiled proudly.
Second dance was the Joget. This we did the night before but tonight we danced much better. It was almost fun doing this Joget! Especially knowing you are being watched by a hall-full of audience.
The third, Lolai..or something like that. Almost similar to the Igal-igal dance. Now this..was not fully rehearsed. But there was Jaafar who was the leader of this dance. We just took his cue and swayed and turned when he did. This dance needed a lot of muscle and body control..i was sweating buckets on stage..and I was in the first row!..
The next few dances were impromptu... accompanying Asmin Mudin who was singing on stage..and dancing with guests from the audience..
It was a night worth remembering.


And today is my birthday. I am only glad I am still around to enjoy what life has to give. 10 years ago I lived for the moment. I only hope I will still have my health to continue doing anything worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment