Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Seamstress wannabee

After closing both my eyes, throwing caution to the wind and splurged on the shoes, I did my last splurge and shopped for a few meters of cloth. 2 different patterns. No seamstress would accept any kain at this moment (this being the month of Ramadan and most celebrants would expect their kain to turn into lovely baju kurungs or kebayas or what nots by the time Raya comes). So I thought of sewing my own baju kurungs. Not too difficult a task I think. Just time consuming. I've sewn a few kebayas and baju kurungs before. Not too shabby I must say. The right sleeve was of the same length with the left. Hahah...
Apart from sewing for my own, I also plan on sewing one baju for my Grandma. Just the top kebaya. She still goes to town wearing the style dulu-dulu. Kebaya top with a nice kain batik . Hope I can sew another good one this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment