Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Attacked

I could feel it coming. From mild insistent throb to an awful sensation of expansion of the girth of my head. Migraine. Sometimes the trigger is recognizable. Sometimes unrecognizable. Yesterday's? Late meal.
Terrible. Reached home around 5 and straightaway had a cold shower. After having my meal of fried mee hun and murtabak, I waited a few minutes before taking in 2 tablets of Caffox. Later, I sat back, made a few adjustments to the baju melayu which I had made edgings of a few hours before at Kingfisher's, and waited for the effect of Caffox to kick in.
But the meds didn't do its job. I had then developed a splitting headache. Had to go lie down. Felt my mouth slowly being filled in with saliva. Involuntary salivation...Uggh...felt a literal sinking of my stomach. Damn...mau muntah la ni...
Sigh! Which I did. 3 times. The first purge was deliberate. I stuck my left forefinger into my throat and let out the murtabak and some rice (I had to. It was going to come out anyway.) What a bigger headache I got afterwards!
the second purge let out some liquid. I could feel the acid taste of the vomit going up my throat and out my mouth. Oh the smell...the smell...
The third purge...I thought I didn't have anymore left in my stomach. Staggered back onto the bed. I had turned of the fans by then because I was having a cold sweat. The headache had moved to my right temple. Sleep was a welcome relief.
Woke up at a few minutes to 5 in the morning. Hmm... no more pain. There was still a bit of sour taste at the back of my throat though and my throat was sore from all the purging. Went to the kitchen and mixed some Uphalite in a glass and downed it.
Wished I could just stay home and rest. Hope I won't get another attack anytime soon.

1 comment: