Thursday, November 06, 2008

Api! Api!Api!

I just came back from a 3 days 2 nights course on Safety and Fire Drill at camp. I know I should say something like I have gained a lot from this course, which I did most definitely, but I know I enjoyed the processess of the gaining of knowledge from this 3D2N course. Kumpulan 4 rocks!!!
I didn't manage to get pics on the first day of training which was held at the Tuaran Balai Bomba. We had our session of Kawat Basah there. We learned how to carry, unroll and roll the hose. We also learned the teamwork of attaching one hose to another, attaching the hose to the nozzle and then shooting water towards the target. Mona and I had fun carrying the hose, doing the whole work and shooting the water and later at each other. Kan Mona kan? Ahaha..

The pics below are activities yesterday. We were given the chance of going inside the B.A.Gallery room. It's where firefighters practice crawling through a maze of man-made twists and turns of possible building fire situations. The pros have to do it in full gear; bawa B.A., in full suit, carrying fire-fighting equipments- and in darkness. We sasing-sasing did it pakai helmet and sarung tangan only, first in partial darkness and then in darkness. Huh! At the second try, I thought it was so dark inside. Darker than night. Waktu merayap dalam kegelapan, rasa gumbira amat sangat when ada kawan yang already reach the end and opened the door because for a few seconds of so, light came in from the outside and in that space of a few seconds, buli nampak jalan!

Taklimat and warm up before activity
Start from the second floor --
end up at the ground floor
My fire buddy, JulietPapaGolf.

MikeLima : Dui... jadi si kurus la ni..

Daud : Nah! Mati kau!

Pendengar setia

3 comments:

  1. mcm siok ja aktiviti kau ni...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah...siok ba. Kita pi Padas nanti pun tatap siok juga tu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pigi padas river? sa dingar melimpah suda air dia p beaufort. nanti kalau raffting end up d pekan pula :-)

    anyways have fun

    ReplyDelete