Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Le Tour De Trusmadi

Words fail me.

Trusmadi has been a trip worth going. The company was great, the porters extremely helpful and entertaining (Some say, some people say, life is sweety!), the guide couldn't be more generous in knowledge and expertise ( a big thank you to you, Boy ), the trek and trail... ahh.. really took my breath away. Not just because of the beauty of it, not because it was tiring, but something about the whole experience was incredible. Walking through the forest floor, all littered with fallen leaves from time immemorial, through the sometimes brown sometimes green moss-covered fallen tree trunks and stones, was a feeling surreal. I felt reptilian at times, snaking in between criss-crossing trees, and monkeylike too, scampering up or down small, barely a foothold to hold on to.
So, here are some of the pics taken on the 3D2N stay at Mt. Trusmadi.


no need to explain la kan..

cooking nasi himpit


Preparing for the night..



Don't be fooled into thinking that it was a well-lit nite. It was the flash of my camera that illuminated all. Inan cooking dinner, dibantu oleh 4 org assistant. Tukang pigang minyak...pigang toslight, pigang the paratha, tukang cekak pinggang...


Mona n me.. si inan n si auntie


nice trail eh?


palan-palan...

resident Trusmadi

(it's a "hontugi" says my grandpa)


most delicious tuna sandwich ever!





going down Paradise Trail.. beautiful view, might surga look like this?


i believe i cannot fly...


nice...

huff n puff...



Made it to the top!


at the break of dawn...

this picture paints a thousand words..



view of Mt. Kinabalu from Mt. Trusmadi



basarnya.....

angel's trumpets.

err.. does it remind u of something else? ...(koff..koff..)






some of the plants. pics of nepenthes lowii and edwardsienna and trusmadiensis and angel's trumpets and etc yang i don't know the names of but nevertheless beautiful.

oh..it was raining by the time we reached our transport (Mona's powerfull D-Max) so all of us quickly hauled our bags into the trunk and ourselves into the supercar. After about 15 mins or so, i felt this almost ticklish sensation, something was wriggling on my shin. I looked down and lo and behold, i had this illegal immigrant trying to plant its muzzle onto my kaki. hahahah... it was a limatok, a pacat, a tiger leach. sempat juga snap a pic before Mona handed me some tissue. I gingerly picked it up (wah... no blood. i guess it had climbed its way up from my kasut and belum sempat cari makan), opened the window and threw it out into the Trusmadi hutan. Nah.. pulangla kau sindri! Tia mo drive hantar ko balik!

But ya... words fail me. I am just so amazed that i have gone up this Mountain, gone through the trails and then live to show the pics. I can't say "live to tell the story" because i'm not a very good storyteller. So, hope you enjoyed the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment