Friday, October 24, 2008

self destruct

Three nights ago, i felt this mild soreness whenever I swallowed and suspected that I might be developing tonsilitis (tonsilotis? muahahahah...). There were also traces of blood in the phlegm expectorated. (Bikin geli ka?) Instead of shying away from the edibles or smokables(no such word but what the heck) that will aggravate the symptom, I puffed the Sky brand ciggie that was gifted to me by Cuz Melvin. I felt quite the paduli-la with a-toss-of-the-head imp. Two nights ago, sleep proved almost elusive. I had felt like a really wilted flower that was left dehydrating under the scorching sun for days. So, I crawled into bed really early. Even in my restless tossing and turning I could feel as if something nasty was scraping against my tonsils. I know the ones in pain are my tonsils because I know where the tonsils are. Once upon a time when I was a little girl sitting at the doctor's being asked to say aahh... and told that my tonsils are swollen, I had, upon reaching home, searched for the mirror and aahh..ed.. wide, and with the help of the toslait (torchlight la) located the offending swelling.
Anyway...
I thought I had slept the night away when I felt the painful swallowing. I reluctantly woke myself up to get a drink of water. I passed by the clock and lo and behold, I had only slept for 1 hour!! (curses!!!) . Needless to say, sleep after that was also uncomfortable.
I received advice to just drink more water and gargle with salted water and blablabla... but me aa... i don't think I am the manja type. I can honestly say I have a high threshold for physical pain but any illness, migraine ka, i'll reach for the tablets, the pills to cast the pain away. Apalagi this tonsilitis thingy. So, went to Dr. Kheng's to get the antibiotics that is denied of anybody who goes to the pharmacy. Pharmacies aren't allowed to sell antitbiotics, you see.
So, three doses of antibiotics later, I'm almost ok.

2 comments:

  1. b kful wen taking ntbiotiks... it cud harm u oso. i like d term tonsilotis very very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahahaha...yah... u wud like the term i know. hahah.. iya ba..not good to ingest too much of antibiotics..

    ReplyDelete