Sunday, October 05, 2008

Mansau-ansau

The angels trio...or charlie's angels...hehehe...whose the Charlie now?
Well, a trip with Mona's D-max took us to Tambunan and Keningau on Saturday. I wanted to see the Batu Gong in Tambunan but we missed the simpang. We have this one friend who said she was in Tambunan for 6 months but tidak pun tau where the Batu Gong was... We did have a brief visit to Datu Paduka Mat Salleh Memorial Park though.


When we reached Keningau, heheh... the same friend could point out the many happy spots to visit (nite happy spots) kan Mer kan?...
We had lunch at Permata Club for want of a good atmosphere where there was air-con. Unfortunately after we had sat down our tired buns then we were told the air-con was't really working. Anyway, the food was ok. I liked my carrot susu juice.
Later after lunch, we met julietpapagolf at RedBulls. He and Elizabeth(the Mrs) are apparently the regular patrons of RedBulls. They even won the men and women's dart competition recently. Huu....bestnya husband & wife sama wavelength.

julietpapagolf's jalopy antenna...really reaching for the sky oo...


I tried my hands at dart. heheh...ada jugala yang landed on the dart board itself. Played a couple of games of pool with Elizabeth. Punya lama tidak pigang pool stick... the balls were hit all over the table.

me--the beginner

sifu : gini baa...


It was fun catching up with julietpapagolf. He's taking KDP now. Found out also some other friends are also in the KDP.
We had so much fun catching up with old funny stories that it was almost 7 when we started our journey back to Tambunan to go beraya at Tn DJ's place. Somewhere simpang Sg. Monsurulung. Today I found out that it used to be the old road connecting Tambunan to Keningau. Adventurous road oo going to Tn DJ's residence. Tabik la sama Savvy Julietpapagolf.
Tn DJ greeted us open armed. It was so good to see him again. I bet Mona and Mer would agree too. It was such a homey atmosphere. There were already many visitors there. Chatting and laughing and enjoying themselves. And the food, chicken curry was just nice, the rendang I regretably didn't take as my gums were quietly protesting against it. I did take the Kelupis - a type of steamed starchy rice with santan. Almost like lemang but wrapped in a kind of leaf, not steamed in bamboo. I took two packets of Kelupis as I wanted to concentrate later on the Kuih Raya. Mer helped herself liberally with the kelupis and chicken curry. I know sadap ba tu.. I would have rivalled you Mer tapi tau la... gigi macam mana... hahahaha...

Kelupis.. sedap...
Oh ya, the kuih raya..makmur, ulat bulu, dahlia, kuih kelapa, almond london (tangan tidak sampai huhu...) batang buruk, kacang-kacangan, kek lapis... huih...so many types. All delicious i'd say.
Chit chat chit chat... Tengok tengok... it was nearly 8pm.. It was nearly 10 something I arrived at Sierra and 11 something for Mer to reach home safe an sound. All in all it was a good outing. Next plan. Sayap Waterfalls maybe?

3 comments:

  1. ulat bulu? kui ka tu? yang warna ijau ka tu? apa rasa? sedap ka?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ulat bulu nama tu kui? yang warna ijau ka tu? wah sedap ka? di mana la sa mo terai ni..

    ReplyDelete
  3. iyupp...the kui raya's name. i guess cuz it's green and soft. Sadap...inside ada inti, some sort of mashed kurma. I asked my fren if there were any left, and he said.. tinggal tin ja o. Tunggu Raya '09.

    ReplyDelete