Friday, March 21, 2008

Camping week

What a week it has been!
On Monday, my face was burnt from an all day exposure to the sun. Dari 8 till almost 2 pm. A few friends and I were in charge of water activity (kayak) and water confidence for the kiddies. Hahah.. must say that it was fun. I reckon all of them enjoyed frolicking in the water, feeling safe wearing the B.A (buoyancy aid). The kayaks were a bit difficult for the kids the handle. Being their first time and all. The kayaks used were the doubles and it can be a bit tricky handling direction if both paddlers aren't sure which way to paddle to manoever to which direction.
There were two groups of kids that day. After habis the budak-budak main air, we sloshed the kayaks with the teh-tarik river water to clean them off the lumpur, haul them up onto the river bank. rehat-rehat kejap sambil tunggu Tuan H with the transport. Punya la lapar kami!
Heh. I should have taken a pic of my face yesterday. I'm not complaining, mind you. The next day after the water activity, my face was all red. It was a good thing i was wearing long-sleeved shirt. Tangan not burnt. I was wearing tights, 2 inches above knee length. (If you can see my kaki now, ada sempadan between the normal color and the burnt color). My face was feeling itchy already. Why didn't i put on any sunblock, you ask? My mistake. I forgot to bring my trusty coppertone/banana boat. I should always be prepared whenever i go into camp. Yesterday, i looked so dark! This morning, my face started peeling. Wuah.. what a diff.. felt like michael jackson with the skin disease for a while.
Anyway, after finish camp at Kiulu, went to Klias to see the proboscis monkeys at their natural habitat. Will make a post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment