Saturday, October 16, 2010

Swarzenbach is me

Busy, busy, busy. Filling up that void with this, that and then some.
Finger still swollen and it's slightly crooked. Sigh. slight discomfort on the particular swollen digit when I try to to spread my fingers wide.

Went swimming a few times this week. I am trying to learn how to do the side stroke. With the help of my swim board, I managed to do the scissor kicks but when I let go of the board and coordinate the swim with the hand movements, down I went. Malu la mau tanya the lifeguards.. it's not as if they're there to lend a word of advice, eh?

Later this noon, I'm going to Pacific Sutra. Makan-makan there with family to celebrate Gareth's 15th birthday. It was Mum's suggestion to go and eat out..and for me to foot the bill. I don't mind. Can afford it juga. Ada itu credit card nestled snugly inside my purse. Mum has always been big on eating out on birthdays. I remember my younger days being treated to Hyatt food. I think she thinks that's one of THE finest way to celebrate anything.

Later lagi this afternoon, am going to Kem to register for the Lifesaving Course. So, tomorrow I'll be at the Likas Pool again. I don't know if I'll pass the tests that are going to be made but I'm sort of glad I was chosen for this course. I've even gone and bought a pair of pants and body swimming suit to wear over my normal swimsuit. Swarzenbach Tong's has only a few choices of color. I wanted the black colored suit with a splash of red but there were no sizes. So, I bought the black long pants with the matching long sleeve top. Why the need to buy these? Oh well, to be modest and to cover up the aurat (but it's for the sake of the other participants more like it). It's fine by me. Besides, the extra suit helps me conserve heat. The pool is daaaaammnn cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment