Friday, September 18, 2009

Me, my pegasus and I

After driving second hand cars all these years, I finally have a car that has my name on the car registration card stated as a first owner.
My flightless horse, my silver pegasus, my Persona. Why Persona? Why not?
I know many a friend would say, oh, why Persona? Most have this idea that I should drive something hardy and powerful and strong like a Rav4, baby Prado, la la la.. I would, if they were paying for it. hahaha....
Anyway, a buddy drove me over to Proton Edar Inanam (Happy Birthday again, friend) nearly noon. The pegasus was already waiting for me there. All ready for me to take charge and say heigh ho silver!!.. After signing a few more papers Mary brought me over to the car. We walked over towards the service center (where all the cars were parked) and saw it..bearing the old number plate of my previous car). She had given the keys to me earlier and so I pressed the button and the door gently beeped it's approval for entry.
I opened the back door first and started to tear off the plastic coverings. Asked my friend to help me on the other side of the car. No point keeping the plastic for show. I know it's new and that's all that matters. No need to have it in place for all the world to see.
After clearing the seats off the plastics, we both went in and sat inside. Me on the driver's, Guitarman on the other side..excitedly going over the buttons and finding out their functions.
Anyways, driving this automatic transmission is quite the experience. I drive automatics every now and then (me mum's Matrix) but I found out that driving my own automatics for the first time gave me the jitters.
I also went to Han's Car Mart this afternoon to have the windows tinted. Bought an air freshener too. My nose seem to not able to fully accept the new car smell. I finally reached home around 8, feeling tired.
Tired but glad.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nanat on being a proud owner of a silver pegasus...hopefully it'll fly u to many an interesting places...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u, girl. Yes, together, the pegasus and I will soar to places. :)

    ReplyDelete