Saturday, June 28, 2008

Feline Visitors

I noticed this a few months ago. Memang there has been sounds of cats wowling the night away contesting their constituents with opponents but a cat surprised me (the first time) when it visited my laundry area and plunked itself on the floor. What was heart-tugging was it looked remarkably like a cat of mine that had disappeared a long time ago. Bubu, it was called. Took pictures of him I did. And he visited me on and off.

Bubu look-alike

Another cat surprised me one night as I was sitting on the sofa watching tv. A tiny face suddenly appeared behind the tv cabinet. It had come in from the back door and its curiousity had gotten the better of it. I think I uttered a cry of surprise as it promptly turned and bolted. No amount of meowing and 'tssissing' (hehehe) from me could cajole it back. Iyala...as if I know cat language.
The same cat came for yet another visit. We both surprised each other. I had come home from work. I would normally turn on the fan first. If it's already dark, the lights too. On this occasion, I turned on the fan and was about to go to the bedroom when a cat shot out from the bedroom, scrambling and scratching for any foothold to make it run faster- which made it funnier as the floor was tiled. I stood agape for a moment before moving to the kitchen, where it had headed. The cat, which had a necklace of some pearly thingies, indicating that it belonged to somebody, jumped on the cook counter and slipped out of the small window opening. Huih... After a moment's thought, I went back to the room and felt for any spot of warmth on the comforter. Hmm... ada. So this cat had managed to come into my house and found a comfy spot to nap. Ahahaha... the cheek!! Haven't managed to snap a pic of him though.



Huh? Is that idiot's box? (Cat looking up at the tv..i think)





Since then, a few more cats have visited me. Oops, not me, my house. This one cat visits me periodically to meow for food. She attracted a male the other day and the male had followed her into my house. She, looking for food, he, looking for affection.




The hungry cat












The amorous follower.









Day visitor.





Please ma'am, can i have some more?

The first cat had rubbed its scent in my house, which may have led the other cats to come and mark their own scent (if its a male kali) over the previous scent owner. Hih... i think the neighbourhood is home to loads more cats - still unbeknownst to me. Guess i'll just have to have my camera ready for the them when they come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment