Thursday, July 08, 2010

Lamas sofa

hehe...it's actually Lorenzo sofa.. couldn't help but put Lamas for Lorenzo Lamas..the 80's tv series hunk. forgot the title.
A friend from Sandakan called me up last night, asking for help. He had seen this add for Lorenzo sofa selling rm3250 in mudah.com and wanted to buy it. He had called up the owner, did a bargain, got the bargain..but since his brother who's normally here in west coast isn't around, asked moi to help. ok nopo..since it's just at Yakim Jaya. Just a stone's throw from my working place.
So, went to Yakim Jaya just now. Got lost (kici ba yakim jaya, lost juga)looking at house numbers that weren't put up front for easy identification, for a while. Very old money house. Premier property.
Finally I found it. Went down from my car and rang the gate. A white lady came out. Very amiable lady. She and the husband had been in Malaysia for about 9 years now. Used to stay in west malaysia. Moved here a few years ago. Husband works as an English teacher in EIC. British council before that. When I saw the 3 + 2 + 1 sofa set, I was captured. So comfy! Lime green in color. Well maintained lime green and in extremely good condition, considering they have been with them for a number of years. I can see that the sofas are her prized possession. Apparently they were just given to them as gifts from a rich friend. So selling them is just a bonus...(hmm...if i were a friend to them, I might be the one on the receiving end kan?...uuuh...perasan). She lovingly described how she cleaned them, took care of them, how she and hubby very carefully wrapped them in all the duvets and mattress protectors they had and cling-wrapped them when they moved from west to here..just to protect the leather. We chit-chatted a while more. She has two daughters, one of them already married. The daughters will still be living here for quite a bit. One bought a house in Bandar Sierra and the other somewhere in Telipok. Only the lady and the husband will move back to Australia.
We talked about the price on and off. It was an original piece, you see. She even showed the underside of one of sofa to show the Lorenzo logo in the fabric. An original western assembled sofa that would cost somewhere along the price of 14K. And she had set RM3250. My friend bargained and had actually got RM3100. I put on a smiley charity face and got RM3000. I wish I was taking the set!!
Paid 2k first. Tomorrow I'll return to wrap the sofas. If all goes well, the sofa will be on its way to Sandakan tomorrow afternoon. :)


Oh, this is Lulu. A mix-pedigree cat. She is a fixed cat. She used to have kittens but the neighbours dogs got to them. Leanne (the Ozzie lady) says Lulu might have to be put to sleep when they finally move to Australia in September. No.... I hope I can find somebody to take Lulu and care for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment