Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sarawak Challenge 2009

Sarawak Challenge came and went. The whole experience decided my level of fitness..which was.. not that fit. *koff koff*.. A long soft slope up Canada Hill going towards Grand Old Lady in Miri was not a soft slope for me. *curses*
Anyway.. there were 15 reps from Sabah this time. 10 men, 5 women (me included). Venue : Kolej Tuanku Hj Bujang, Miri. Duration : 2nd - 9th Oct.
The last time I participated this Cabaran was 2 years ago in Selangor.
Lemme see... this time, there was Kayak, Bicycling, abseil, gadjet-making, survival skills (which seemed more like kiasu old ladies pitching their cookings skills against other kiasu old ladies).. flying fox, parrallel crossing, visit to the Niah Cave, durian eating competition (ahahah..not. but we did go out to town to hunt for durians which were sold abundant and cheap).
Enjoyed the cycling, loved the kayak crashing waves, was thrilled by the almost 4 storeys high rappel descent..( the rope was damp on some length and the gloves didn't grip as tightly as it should..something coulda gone wrong!)
I didn't lobby for this - as some have - but strangely I did feel like I was going to get chosen for this.






















No comments:

Post a Comment